Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunshine makes everyone happier!

Its in the 40s today and the sun is out, so I decided Bug and I should venture outside. My original plan was to clean up the front porch, which still has remnants of the front door installation project along with the carpet removal project on it. However, I quickly discovered that bending over that much when you're 34 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins is not exactly enjoyable. So we ditched that plan and decided to just go out and enjoy the sunshine. There's some muddy spots of course...its that time of year, but its been long enough since we've had precipitation that most places in the barnyard were dry enough to wander around. And the sun is so refreshing! Bug and I sat on a straw bale and watched Henry and Annabelle play, and watched Daddy load up the TMR wagon with silage and hay. And bonus, since we use a cab tractor to feed TMR with, Bug got to ride along to feed the cows! Sidenote...this is the same tractor Kelly proposed to me in. Say it with me...awwwwww. ;) Anyway, of course Bug had a great time helping Daddy and I got to sit on my front porch while the boys were working and browse the seed catalog that came yesterday. Its the little things, you know? We're hoping to plant some fruit trees this year, and Kelly wants to start some of our garden plants from seed. I told him it was all him and the Bug on that because um, I'm pretty sure I'll be a little busy at seed planting time.

Speaking of which, like I said, we're at 34 1/2 weeks or so...goal is at least another week and a half to avoid having to deliver 2 hrs away from home (which is where the Bug was born since he was 35 wks, 3 days) and hopefully avoid any NICU time. My personal goal is 2 1/2 weeks which would get us to 37 weeks. Depends on the day as to how realistic I feel either of those goals are! Today I feel great, I think getting out in the sun and warm air helped that a lot. But we'll just see. I don't think much (if any) of it is up to me. We're just about "ready". Well, the 2010 farm books are done (YAY!) and the bouncie seats are out of storage and ready to go, the crib isn't quite set up yet but hopefully that will happen this week, the upstairs changing station is stocked and ready and the downstairs one will hopefully be ready this week also. Baby clothes are ready, hospital bag is packed. Yikes! So its getting to be about 'waiting time'! Attention babies...mommy is more than happy to wait as long as necessary...you know, 2-3 weeks would be great, okay guys??

Its amazing how just a little sunshine improves your outlook. Yesterday I felt awful, was tired and had about zero patience. Today, I'm like a whole new person! You know, I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy winter but days like today make me sure glad spring is on its way!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Your yard is dry...like...there's now...snow? We are still COVERED in snow! Seriously! Like a foot-two feet of it! I'll agree, though, that the warm weather was WELCOME! :)

I am jealous of you being so far along! I still have 8 weeks to term and it feels like an ETERNITY!!

LeAnna said...

I totally agree, the beautiful weather just makes the mood so much better. It's gorgeous outside today, and I feel so optimistic. Isn't it funny how grey gloomy days can effect the mood so much?! I'm glad I don't live way north. I'm so excited you've made it this far, we'll be trusting God for another 2-3 more weeks. So exciting how soon you will be a Momma of THREE!!!

Anonymous said...

I swear I get seasonal depression. I hate winter, and being cooped up. Yesterday was beautiful, and I had a much better attitude!
Oh my goodness.. didn't you just announce your pregnancy? Mercy how time flies! Praying your goal will bet met!