Sometimes I have to stop and take a step back for a minute to look at my life and remind myself, hey, I've got it pretty darn good! Its so easy to get caught up in the details and the rush of everyday, and to let the little stressors of life bring you down. But, being that tomorrow is Thanksgiving (what?! how is it Thanksgiving already?!), what a perfect time to acknowledge the many blessings in my life. I have an amazing husband of almost six years (again, how has it been 6 years already?) who is still my best friend. I love that I can be completely myself with him, there's no censoring of myself, no feeling like I need to act, look, talk, a certain way, no facade to keep up-I can just be me. And he loves me anyway! Sometimes, I wonder why and how he puts up with me...but I'll take it! We have not only a home of our own, which we moved into 4 years ago on Thanksgiving, but an entire farm of our own. We are living our dream and while its not always easy, its our life and our dream and we are making it work and loving it. We've come SO far in the last 6 years, starting this farm from scratch and while we're not "there" yet (and really, I'm sure there will always be some bigger goal we're shooting for) we have grown our farm by leaps and bounds especially in the last 2 years or so, and we are getting bigger and better are what we do every year. Our house might not be anything fancy, but its solid, safe and cozy and its home. We're making slow but steady progress on updates and making it even more of our own. Between the two of us, we have both sets of parents, 4 siblings, 4 sibling-in-laws, 7 nephews and a niece-all healthy, happy and within driving distance so that we can see them on a regular basis and be a part of each others' lives, which is such a huge blessing. I love that we can be close to our families even though the majority of the family members are anywhere from 2-6 hours away. We have amazing friends who are more like family-again, most are spread out as they're friends from college and are scattered all over the state, but the bonds we formed with them in those 4 years are strong and we couldn't ask for better friends. And of course, we have our precious little boy. Our little guy who was so excited to meet his mommy and daddy that he burst onto the scene 5 weeks before he was expected, and we are AMAZINGLY blessed that with his early arrival, all was well. I think all of the time about how lucky we are that he is as healthy as he is, when so many other babies born at the same gestational age have a much tougher time. And at 8 1/2 months old, he is healthy, happy, growing and learning. He is on the move more and more, but still my cuddle bug. He has a smile that melts my heart every time and I cannot look at him without realizing how much I love that little boy. When Kelly and I got married, our first dance was to the song "I Could Not Ask For More" by Sara Evans. At the time, I absolutely felt that way. Nearly six years later, I continue to be blessed everyday even more and that words of that song still ring true for me.
"Lying here with you
Listening to the rain
Smiling just to see the smile upon your face
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
And these are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
Looking in your eyes
Seeing all I need
Everything you are is everything to me
These are the moments
I know heaven must exist
And these are the moments
I know all I need is this
I've found all I've waited for,yeah
And I could not ask for more
I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
And every prayer has been answered
Every dream I've had's come true
Yeah, right here in this moment
Is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you here with me
Yeah
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
And these are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for, yeah
And I could not ask for more
I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
And every prayer has been answered
Every dream I've had's come true
Yeah, right here in this moment
Is right where I'm meant to be
Oh, here with you here with me
No, I could not ask for more
Than this love you gave me
Cause it's all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
No, yeah
No, I could not ask for more"
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
1 comment:
Aw, this was a wonderful Thanksgiving post. :) You are a sweet and blessed woman, and I'm thankful to "know you" in this big huge blogging world. Thanks for always sharing your heart, and being genuine! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your family!!
(Oh, and thank you so much for the kind and understanding words about the whole nursing thing...it's nice to hear an "I know how you feel" sometimes!) Blessings!
Post a Comment