I've been slacking on the blogging lately, too much running going on! Saturday afternoon we headed up to my parents' for a brief visit (we're talking about 2 hrs actually spent with the family) and my 10 year highschool reunion. 10 years. How is that even possible?! In one way it seems like highschool was forever ago, but at the same time it seems like there is no way I can be old enough to be attending a 10 year reunion! I had mixed feelings about going, but I'm really glad I did. I wasn't sure about it because, honestly, I didn't have a lot in common with most of the people I went to highschool with. I went to a Catholic school, that drew people from about a 3 county area, most of which lived in what I considered "the city" (but was probably more like suburbs really) and we just weren't into the same things. I was one of 4 or 5 people in a school of about 800 that was in 4-H, and as that pretty much defined my life for the 11 years I was in it-it just wasn't very easy to find common ground with a lot of my fellow students. I had a few close friends, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately, I lost touch with most of them after graduation. You know, you go to college, and get all caught up in the fun and excitement of the independence, the new friends, etc. So I pretty much RSVPed to this 10 year reunion with the hope of seeing those select few people that I'd unintentionally lost touch with. I knew at least that a few people I'd stayed close with would be there, so I knew it wouldn't be a total bust. Turns out...it was pretty fun! I saw a bunch of people that I'd actually forgotten all about, but it was great to catch up with them! Some of the people I wanted to see where there, others weren't (one that I really wanted to see is currently serving in Iraq, yikes-adding him to my prayer list for sure)...but all in all it was a fun time. It amazes me how everyone looks so much...the same! 10 years later, there were only one or two people that I had to look at twice to figure out who they were. The names, the memories, the friendships you had, they just all sort of come rushing back. Pretty cool. One of my friends even convinced me to join facebook...and I'm glad about that, I'm hoping I can keep in touch with the people I just "re-discovered" that way. Just goes to show I guess...sometimes its good to sort of "re-visit" the past.
Since the reunion, I've still been just going, going, going. We came home early Sunday so that we could ship off about 30 heifers (sold to a dairy in Missouri) and I was able to do a little bit of Christmas decorating and laundry. Then Monday morning I flew to Denver for work...didn't get home until Wednesday night. But now I'm HOME...and the big bonus is, no more traveling for work until well after the baby is born. Yay! For a homebody like me...that is great news!
Though with only 20 days until Christmas...I don't see life slowing down anytime soon! But its all fun stuff...decorating, sending cards, Christmas shopping, baking cookies....topped off with some good quality family time. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment