Its rainy day number 2 here. What a difference between yesterday and today though. Its dreary and dark outside, and yesterday the weather fit my mood. Today I'm like a whole different person. I like today better. Yesterday, nobody had slept well and all the children woke up too early. And when I say too early, I don't just mean too early for me. I mean too early for them. Waking up too early = cranky, tired kids way too early in the day. Add to that a messy house because I was sooo tired the night before that I barely cleaned up at the end of the day and just little things here and there and you get me in a bad mood. On top of that, some more bad news came for a good friend of ours yesterday. I'm not going to go into detail on here, other than to ask for prayers for her. She's going through a really difficult time right now and I'm really worried about how this is all going to affect her and her family in the long term. Its a sad and complicated situation and there's nothing we can do other than to offer our support and prayers. :(
On the bright side. I used part of naptime today to look up Christmas cookie recipes. Yummmmm. I love baking Christmas cookies and this year I'm going to my parents for a few days after Thanksgiving so that Mom and I can bake together. Because lets face it, I'm not going to have the time to make more than one batch on my own this year! But hey, I did make chocolate chip cookies with my Bug the other day. Its a funny story actually. See, before I started dating my hubby I used to make him chocolate chip cookies all the time. It was really just an excuse to go visit him and put a smile on his face. I used to say I was making the cookies for him and all of his roommates...but really, it was just him. He had to know, but then again, neither one of us was very good at seeing how OBVIOUS it was that we liked each other :) Anyway, I continued making chocolate chip cookies for him for a few years after we got together but for whatever reason my batter started turning out thin and the cookies would fall apart. So I gave up on that particular cookie and stopped making them. Apparently he's been pining for chocolate chip cookies ever since. Haha! He guilted me into making them again (it was good-natured guilting) and for whatever reason, they turned out really good this time! And now I have to keep myself from making them too often because oh man, are they good. And addicting!
Ok...baby up. Make that two babies. And another abruptly ended post. But I figure hey, its better than no posting at all, right?? Happy rainy Wednesday!
2 comments:
I fail at making chocolate chip cookies. My moms are perfect, and I use her recipe and mine still fail!
Not sure how I missed this post! :) Hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas, friend!
Post a Comment