Ok, so I've been off work for like 3 weeks now and you'd think I'd have plenty of time to blog...but somehow I feel like I have less time! Yep, my doctor wrote me out of work at the beginning of the year. He technically prescribed "bedrest" but clarified that basically a few hours of laying down in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon would be good enough, and to just keep listening to my body. And I can generally tell when I'm doing too much. Bug is still going to the sitter during the week, which is a huge help. On weekends Kelly tries to get his work done as quickly as possible so that he can be inside and help me, and Bug is getting used to the fact that Momma can't be on the floor playing with him all the time. He still gets a little frustrated when he wants me to pick him up or something, and of course the house is a disaster on the weekends because I normally would pick up toys during his naptime but instead I lay down too. But its going okay...I know I push myself more than I should sometimes but its hard when your husband has to work 7 days a week. I'm at 32 weeks now though...hard to believe...and getting more and more nervous that maybe these babies will come even earlier than their big brother did. Both babies are breech right now, and I honestly don't think they'll flip back. Baby Boy has been breech from the beginning so I hightly doubt he'll flip. I suppose Baby Girl could, but I kind of doubt that too. They both seem happy the way they are :) So I'm probably looking at a c-section (yes, I know they could both still flip but like I said...my mother's inuition says they won't). Any tips/advice if you'd have a c-section before? I'm a little nervous about it, just because I've never had any kind of surgery and I'm a little worried about the recovery and all too. How painful is it really? My recovery last time was SO easy (helps when your baby is under 6 lbs) so I'm afraid I got a little spoiled!
In other news...Bug is growing, he's 22 months , almost 23 months now. So close to 2 and you can tell it some days! But for the most part he is a blast. He's our little supervisor...always showing us where things go and how to do things, its hilarious. He is always surprising us with new words, but he likes to point at things to get his point across most of the time. He knows it works! I'm not worried, I know my nephews did the same thing. He knows more words than he uses, that I'm sure of. He still amazes me on a daily basis with how smart he is. Love that boy. Oh, and he loves to give kisses and hugs right now, to us and to his stuffed animals. Too cute. I wonder if he'll be kissing on the babies a lot too. He randomly kisses my belly now when we talk about the babies. I still don't think he "gets" the whole baby thing though. We'll see what he does when they actually arrive.
Farmwise, I'm almost done with the 2010 books (yay!) which will be a huge load off my shoulders. That's why I haven't been able to blog at all because I've been SO worried about getting the books done before these babies arrive!! But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...in the next week I should be completely done and even up to date and organized for 2011 to be relatively easy to handle between baby juggling. Then I can maybe just relax before the chaos begins. We're trying to figure out just how the farm being our sole income will work...still a little nervous about that, but we should continue to have my income for a few months from now so that will help.
Ok, its about time to go pick up my little guy.

I almost forgot! I got a new camera for Christmas! Its a lot fancier than any I've had before
and I still have a lot to learn about it, but its really nice. I think my hubby is finally catching on to how to do this whole Christmas thing ;) So I DO have pictures that are more recent than this one...but some are still on the camera and the rest are on our new computer (another Christmas gift) which of course is not the one I'm on right now. Oh yeah, we can now be THAT couple...each one of us on a laptop in the same room in the evening. Haha! We rarely are though. Bug just likes the new computer because it has a big screen and is fast, so we watch tractor and combine videos on it. Everytime we get it out, he comes running over because he wants to watch a video.
Hope everyone is having a great new year!
3 comments:
A new camera---nice! I'd like a fancy one but then I also like to take mine to the beach and not worry about if I ruin it! :) And it's a point-and-click and I'm camera illiterate! LOL
Glad things are continuing to go well for you...no real advice on the C....some people I know seem to recover easily and others have a rougher go with it. My only thought is---it'll be ok! Really, it will, you can do it! :)
Girl, you're getting so close! Isn't it absolutely insane how much more quickly the 2nd pregnancy goes by? NUTS. We'll be praying for at LEAST another 5 more weeks for those babies. I know several women who have had c-sections, and for the most part the healing time is no big deal. They can't lift anything heavier than the babies for a few weeks or more, so I'd say as long as you plan on having some plenty of extra help for the first few weeks at minimum you should be a-ok. But, we'll pray those babies turn. ;) Email me sometime when you get a chance so I have your email address! I always want to reply to your comments, but it doesn't show your email. :)
I can't believe your almost done! Seems like you just barely announced being pregnant. :)
I know how it feels to feel nervous about living off one income, I was so stressed out about it! But we have done fine, there have been months where we've been overdrawn, but we have never gone hungry.
Post a Comment