Yep, I'm a slacker. I never updated after our last u/s! But no worries, everything was perfect! We got to see our little one, (who is quite the wiggle worm by the way!) and it is amazing how much s/he has grown!! Kicking legs, waving arms, just amazing. Heartbeat of 162, and everything looking good. What a huge relief.
A few days after the u/s, I made my dreaded trip to Denver...and as far as I know, everything is still fine. YAY!!!! Nothing to make me think anything bad...and I've still had plenty of symptoms since I've gotten back, so I am going on the theory that all is well. The nausea seems to be lessening. About halfway between 10 and 11 weeks, I started to at least not feel nauseous every single day...I will have one or two good days...then a really really bad day. And I'm not quite as tired every day either...I still can fall asleep about 9:00 every night with no problem..but at least I am not feeling like I absolutely have to take a nap everyday after work. I have actually been cooking dinner! Kelly is thrilled about this new development...considering for weeks it was a sort of 'fend for yourself or I might be able to throw some quick convenience food in the oven...if you're lucky', haha!!
So being that we are now at 13 weeks. Yes, 13 weeks!! Can you believe it?! Which is pretty darn close to the official 2nd trimester (13 wks, 3 days)...we started telling people this past week. Everyone is very excited (of course)...and while its still pretty scary to me to be letting our secret out...its sort of fun too. Its strange though, we have been keeping it a secret for so long, that it almost seems more natural to us (or to me for sure) to not say anything than to actually make myself tell people. I got pretty comfortable having it just be our little secret. But I figured people are going to figure out in the next few weeks anyway...and at this point, if they find out later, they're going to really wonder why we didn't tell them (at least when we are talking about good friends/family, etc.). And while it makes perfect sense to me to wait as long as possible...it doesn't seem to make sense to other people. I've gotten a lot of, oh, it'll be fine. Yes...and you know this how exactly? Right...you don't. Realistically...I do hope that I don't have this much nervousness through my entire pregnancy. I really am enjoying and savoring every moment of being pregnant...and as each week passes, I get more and more confident and more and more excited about actually meeting my baby in April. Have I mentioned that I cannot WAIT until April??? :)
Next appointment...2 weeks from yesterday. Hoping for a doppler hearing of the heartbeat. Can't wait!!!!
1 comment:
Hi Michelle,
I've been meaning to comment here for a few weeks now to say thank you for your sweet comment on my big news.
I am so excited for you and Kelly--isn't it awesome how God's timing works? I am praying for you and your little one!!
Love,
Erin
Post a Comment